Charger, Durham, New Hampshire, 1940

Yesterday, we got out and walked for the first time since that fateful day last week. Actually, we had walked the day before yesterday, but that was such a cold, short and brutish affair that it hardly counts at all. Our regular neighborhood walk yesterday, was much more pleasant and today looks like it will be even better, with a high in the fifties. What to do with this spate of fine weather? Tune in later to find out.

After last Wednesday, we haven’t done much. It has been cold. Did I mention the temperature? I stewed on Twitter for a fair portion, mainly retweeting people with similar sentiments. because unlike some other people I have not been banned from all social media. It is a fitting end for a troll that his bridge finally came tumbling down upon him. I must say how impressed that I was with the effectiveness of the tech giants in dealing with him. They not only took him out, but also took out his supposed life raft. “Nuke the entire site from orbit—it’s the only way to be sure.” Others may cry foul, but I think he had it coming and it has gradually gotten more peaceful. A little duller too, but that’s OK. If 2021 was allowed to continue on the path that it was heading in that first week, it would have made me long for the good old days, like 2020.

The graphic for this post comes from the Met. Another place that I would like to revisit once this whole pandemic is done. This plate was in the museum’s visible storage center. The Met helped pioneer this method for displaying its collection. Items that would have otherwise been left in storage are available for viewing, in rows of long glass cases. Items are grouped by type. Most items only have a number that can then be looked up for more information. Usually items are just sat on shelves, but this item got special attention and was prominently displayed.

2 thoughts on “Banned

  1. Agreed with all you said (except I haven’t been outside walking…). I did get on the treadmill for 15 min this morning cuz I couldn’t stand it any longer, and plan to put in 2-15 min treadmill sessions, gradually increasing either time or sessions as I attempt to rebuild a habit I miss since Ernie-the-best-dog-ever died. Fingers crossed we get thru this month in one piece too. Especially since I was startled when a very loud jet mosied over the house earlier – turns out it was “TURTLE9”, which made a stop at MBS for some 20 min, then continued southwards. A Stratotanker circled over the tip of the Thumb a bit later (INDY01) before moving south-ish. There’s def prep going on.

Leave a Reply