Last week,we were looking forward to the weekend. We were expecting friends to visit from out-of-town, but they couldn’t make it. We were disappointed, we were looking forward to seeing them again. Then last Friday, something totally unexpected and really quite extraordinary occurred. This blog that we have been toiling at for almost two years (in relative obscurity I might add) was thrust into the limelight. Inexplicably, WordPress had chosen RegenAxe as one of their Freshly Pressed blogs. This occurred when they elected to feature last Friday’s post, The Bike Stalker.
This honor was compounded by the fact that we were chosen on a Friday. This meant that RegenAxe was featured not just for one day, but instead for over three days. This promotion resulted in over 5,000 hits and over fifty lovely and highly complementary comments.
We would like to publicly thank Joy and the rest of the staff at WordPress for selecting RegenAxe. We would like to also thank the many viewers who looked at RegenAxe during this three-day window. Most of all we would we would like to individually, but also publicly, thank some of the people who added their comments during this period of frenetic activity. While the Freshly Pressed experience was going on, we were literally reeling and were not able to adequately respond to our reader’s responses. Now that most of the hoopla has died down, it is time to acknowledge them. Thank you:
- Jodi of Jodi Begins, The life and times of a new immigrant, for being first.
- Mari for saying it in Portuguese, “Lindas fotos! perfeitas. parabéns.” and thanks to Google translate, “Beautiful photos! Perfect. congratulations.”
- Karen of CliffsVic, When I grow up, I want to be a UP Hermit…., for being someone I actually know.
- Lori of In Pursuit of Martha Points, a fellow Fresh Presser and our favorite among our bunch. Well, let’s not go crazy here, second favorite. 😉
- Mavis of Getting Lucky at Eighty, for finally seeing the light again.
- Peace onto you, elryad, of (Riyadh design, from Google) الرياض للتصميم
- Kathy of More Than Serving Tea, another fellow Fresh Presser, again with a great blog.
- Jay of RainCharm, for meeting us in Yellowstone this summer.
- Prem for being the most succinct with, “gud”.
- Joan Pyke of My Pre-retirement Musings, looking forward to my own ever after five o’clock.
- Ron of Bikesafe, for being a bud.
- C. L. Carver because I like his attitude, but I love his cameras.
- Barry of Positive Economic News, because I like his economic attitude.
- itzexodus of Recessionary State of Mind, because not everyone can afford to be upbeat on the economy.
- Les Poissons’s (the fishes’ from high school French), because I’m a quarter Polish. Big Poppa!
- Laura of Buckle Button Zip, go girl!
- Our son, Dan, for the most personally important comment, “Congrats on being featured on WordPress. It was a good story and the photos were beautiful. I’m glad you got the recognition, I think it was well deserved.”
In honor of this experience, I have frozen the once daily updated photo of My Favorite Photos, as Me and My Shadow. To wrap up, thank you all again! It was a great ride while it lasted. We’ll just have to do it again sometime. Maybe this time, I’ll be ready,