- To be, or not to be: that is the question.
- Neither a borrower nor a lender be.
- This above all: to thine own self be true.
- Though this be madness, yet there is method in it
- The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
- The play ‘s the thing wherein I’ll catch the conscience of the king.
- Brevity is the soul of wit.
The preceding list of quotes contains some of the more famous quotes that the play Hamlet has given us. They should also look good on Facebook. Hamlet is generally considered to be Shakespeare’s best play. So it is fitting that the Saint Louis Shakespeare Festival has chosen Hamlet for its tenth year production.
I enjoyed the play and made an effort to remain engaged. Although, there are reports that I faded in and out during the fourth act. I wish that we had brought binoculars. The festival runs through June 20th.
Anne, Joanie and I went to see this year’s Shakespeare Festival production of Hamlet, on Thursday night. The weather was warm, but dry. You are not allowed to photograph the play, but there are many pre-performance acts that are available for picture taking. They comprise the photographs in this posts .
Today’s header features the Greenleaf Madrigal Singers. Khnemu Menu-Ra played Hamlet, as part of the Education Tour 2010 Company’s performance of Trippingly Hamlet. “Juggling” Jeff Koziatck and Josh Routh, the Sword-Swallowing Clown, for their most solicitous performances. Josh even re-performed his sword-swallowing act for me, since I fat-fingered the photography the first time.